CITATION OF HRM, OBA DR. VICTOR ADESIMBO KILADEJO, JILO 111, CFR,
B.SC.(Hons.), MB.CH.B, PGDRH, CPHQ, FAGP, HON. D.SC, LLD
THE OSEMAWE AND PARAMOUNT RULER OF ONDO KINGDOM
His Royal Majesty, Oba Dr. Victor Adesimbo Ademefun Kiladejo, ascended the throne of his forefathers in the year 2006 as the unanimous choice of the Ondos. He was born on the 11th November, 1953 to the Royal family of Okuta. His father, late Prince Gbadebo Adedoyin Kiladejo was a highly regarded and well-loved philanthropist. His mother, late Mrs. Julianah Olusola Kiladejo of Ajayi Dynasty in Akure was a woman of great virtue. He is a direct descendant of “Pupupu” the founding Monarch of Ondo. He ascended the throne as the 44th Osemawe and Paramount Ruler following a progressive tradition that has been unbroken for over 500 years. HRM had a sound preparation for life through his education and family upbringing. After his primary and secondary education where at different times, he occupied positions of leadership, he gained admission in 1974 to the prestigious University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) where as a Federal Government Scholar he obtained a B.Sc (Hons) in Health Sciences (2nd Class Upper Division) as well as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. His education was later crowned with his attendance of the equally prestigious Liverpool University (U.K) for his post graduate training in Reproductive Health. Oba Dr. Kiladejo is a United States Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality and a Consultant to Liverpool Associate on Tropical Health. His Royal Majesty, the Osemawe is the Chancellor of Wesley University of Science and Technology, Ondo. The University conferred a Honorary Doctor of Science Degree (D.Sc) in Management Science on him in 2011. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Akoko also conferred a Honorary Doctor of Laws (LLD) on him in November, 2014.
After he graduated from the University of Ife, the future Oba did his Internship at the State Specialist Hospital, Ado Ekiti and his mandatory One Year Youth Service Corp at Agbor General Hospital, Bendel State (now Delta) where he excelled in commitment and dedication to service. He proved so outstanding that he earned a letter of commendation as well as automatic appointment by the then Bendel State Government. He later took up appointment with Ondo State Health Management Board where he served in various capacities as Medical Officer, Principal Medical Officer and later the Medical Director of Ekiti South and Ekiti South-West Local Governments Medical Area. After a fulfilled and unblemished career, he resigned in December, 1989 to establish his own private practice – Kiladejo Hospital Limited, Lagos. In corporate life, before ascending the throne, he held the following positions – Chairman, Kiladejo Royal Hospitals; Chairman, COVAC Investment; Chairman, Julian Apartments; and Chairman, Merit Diagnostics among others. His Royal Majesty is a member of several professional Associations amongst which are the Nigerian Medical Association, Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria, Healthcare Providers Association, Society for Quality Healthcare in Nigeria, World Organization of Family Doctors, American Association of Family Physicians and American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine as well as several others. He is also a permanent member of Ondo State Council of Traditional Rulers and sole Representative of South-West in the Standing Security Committee of National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria (NACTRN). In 2012, Osemawe Kiladejo was a delegate in Dakar, Senegal where he represented the Traditional Rulers of Nigeria and presented a paper on “The Roles of Traditional Authorities and their Challenges”. HRM, the Osemawe Kiladejo is currently the Chairman of Ondo State Council of Obas.
- Since ascending the Osemawe throne in 2006, Oba Kiladejo has been a rallying point for intellectuals and the business class, youths and elders, and men and women of Ondo.
- He has also championed the development of the Kingdom by encouraging indigenes and others to establish business in Ondo Kingdom.
- The Osemawe is also working assiduously towards the accelerated and coordinated development of Ondo Kingdom through the Ondo City Vision Committee.
- Oba Kiladejo periodically provides free Health Services to the aged, the inmates, the diabetics and the hypertensives through his Non-Governmental Organization “The Oba Kiladejo Crown Foundation”
- Kabiyesi also donated a well-equipped Medical Centre to Wesley University of Science and Technology, Ondo.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Fellow, Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners
- National Financial Secretary, Healthcare Providers Association of Nigeria
- African Leader of Integrity Award
- Nigeria Merit Award in the Sphere of Human Medicine by Media Africa Communications Ltd.
- Award of Excellence by Ibadan Golf Club
- Award of Excellence by National Healthcare Providers Association of Nigeria
- Service of Humanity Award by Rotary International District 9110
- Distinguished member of 50 selected outstanding Traditional Rulers in Nigeria
- Grand Commander of Peace and Security of Niger (HCPSN) by National Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC)
- Continental Distinguished Leadership Award by African Youth Society
- Award of Excellence by Zenith International Newsmagazine in recognition of Selfless Service towards sustainable Growth and Development in Africa
- International Consultant to Liverpool Associate in Tropical Health (LATH)
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- Oba Kiladejo was also recently conferred with the National Honour of the Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (*CFR) by His Excellency, Dr. Ebele Jonathan GCFR, the President and Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Though a Christian by faith, Kabiyesi embraces all faith traditions and plays a role of a father to all.
HRM is happily married to Olori Comfort Olayinka Kiladejo and the union is blessed with children and grandchildren.